Sunday, August 20, 2006

Positive Experience

Ok, quick update, I've now spoken with 3 very cool individuals. First there was Collin from Iowa, my first caller! I remember sitting in the kitchen waiting for gmail to tell me if anyone has emailed. One minute, two minutes. Wait, this is a silly idea, who is going to give me their number?And what are we going to talk about? I decided to eat something. I came back about 10 minutes later: 'You Have Mail'. I jumped on the phone and connected with Collin, who was great to talk to. Very encouraging.

Then I got my second email from Germany! Whoa, I'm already international. I couldn't connect with Serah as she was about to go to sleep (it's a different timezone there ya know), but I'm definitely calling her tonight.

Then I spoke to Nick from New Jersey. Nick was totally surprised and couldn't believe it when I called. I had this image of him falling off his chair as he spoke with me. I loved talking to Nick about this idea and how it has been very easy. I haven't gotten a lot of emails yet, but that's ok. It's manageable. Right now I can still call everyone in my in box.

I also just finished speaking with Alex from Columbia University in NY. Definitely my longest and most interesting conversation yet. We talked a lot about Internet ideas and experiments taking off the ground. Alex struck me a successful individual who has worked on a number of sites himself, and shares my enthusiasm for the possibilities of the Internet. Check out columbiatunnels. And he's coming up with another cool idea, for which he still needs a name. He should ask pollground for suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home