Thursday, August 17, 2006

Alienation

Today I talked with Faraz from Ohio, who also got to me from Reddit. Second person from Ohio.

Also got off the phone with Kenneth. This was fun and stimulating. I'm starting to be surprised by some of the cool conversations I've had now. Kenneth is from NY city and is reading The Brothers Karamazov. He read me some very stimulating excerpts about alienation, isolation, and the opposite, to come together. Anyhow, more philosophical stuff, blah blah, but it was applicable. I mean, this little experiment is all about reaching out in a way.

I realized that these people who read the first part of my blog, and then decide to actually email me their number...these people are not like everyone else. There is quite a bit of trust involved there, a bit of unusual openness. Is this a good thing? I would have to think so. I have respect for the people I've spoken to, for taking this little leap and saying why not.

I'm finding myself excited about calling the next person now. What WILL we talk about? You know it's the funniest thing the person on the other end is always so surprised to hear from me. Why is that? Do they think I will never call? I feel responsible now to call or reach out to anyone who emails me. I'm just afraid my in box will go nuts any minute. I have a plan for that. I will randomly ask one of the callers to take over some of the email requests. And if they get too busy, then they can pass on the torch.

What will happen? Will this expand into a never ending web of people calling each other?

Ok, I have a skype account now for international calls. What time is it right now in Asia?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Keep going!

8/27/2006 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home